If you or someone you know is experiencing mental health problems, first contact your GP who can refer people for social care support provided by Community Mental Health Services in partnership with:
- City and Hackney Primary Care Trust: on 020 7683 4000 or web: www.cityandhackney.nhs.uk
- East London Foundation NHS Trust: on 20 7655 4000 or web: www.eastlondon.nhs.uk
24 hours. Community based and out-patient services usually open from 9 - 5pm.
Mental Health Act (MHA) Administration - Provides information on the Mental Health Act and how that is applied locally to patients in City and Hackney.
- Homerton University Hospital 020 8510 8286
Outside of these times
- Contact your GP – see contact details below for the out of hour’s number.
- Mental Health Crisis 020 3222 5794 / 07870 595 732 (24 hours)
Out of hours and bank holiday cover also provided by Hackney Emergency Duty Team (020 8356 2346)
- Call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 for 24 hour heath advice and information.
- Go to your nearest A&E. There are specialist mental health staff on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, who will be able to assess you and give you the appropriate help.
- If you are concerned about an immediate risk of harm – either to yourself or someone else then phone 999 and ask for the police or ambulance service.